Friday, February 10, 2006

Leroy Says Hello

my friend sara played "Anchorage" for me sometime in college and I never forgot it. i instantly had a taste for Michelle Shocked, which later butressed by my love of "The Liars Club" author Mary Karr. recently i heard the song played over the sound system at marshall's. that's a bit scary i know, but just keep in mind, that surburban philly sensation, Garden Party (FB, KRM), did a killer, never recorded version of "Anchorage" back in '89. recall dreams of east texas right here.

Michelle Shocked--Anchorage
Michelle Shocked--TheL&NDontStopHereAnymore
Michelle Shocked--MemoriesOfEastTexas
buy it

3 Comments:

  • At 5:18 AM, Blogger countrygrrl said…

    i think these are her best three tracks, and like you anchorage had a big effect on me. I think she could really capture the loneliness of moving away from what you know but there is a big world out there too...yeah great to hear them again and pay homage...ta for the memories and keep blogging.

     
  • At 11:41 AM, Blogger The DoorKeeper said…

    From my fave album of her's. Nice choice, enemy lemon, and fitting neatly in with the Train Songs over at Shake Your Fist

     
  • At 8:36 AM, Blogger Crash Calloway said…

    Is there any chance of reposting these? I love Michelle Shocked, but all the stuff I have is on casette - I should really get around to converting some things. I could do a longdistance trade of a concert video of hers if you can help me out here!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home