Sunday, February 26, 2006

True Confessions: This Is My Favorite Video

This brief detour from pure MP3 blogging is to tell you that I have had the same favorite music video for about 25 years. Below is a link to my favorite video of all time. It's the original lineup of Van Halen performing the track "Unchained" from their 1981 album Fair Warning. Watch the video with the sound off and you'll see how amazing this performance is, tight football pants or no tight football pants. My best friend from elementary school and I would stay up all night on nights I would sleep over watching MTV waiting for this video to come up in the playlist cycle every four or five hours. It is absolutely necessary that you watch this video to the end, because the best part is when Alex Van Halen lights the gong on fire and gongs the crap out of it. Simply amazing. I love you, YouTube.

Van Halen -- "Unchained (Live)"

2 Comments:

  • At 1:49 PM, Blogger fastbacker said…

    what could be better than a flaming gong?

     
  • At 2:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Only two flaming gongs. I think I saw that once in a Quiet Riot video. More likely I just dreamed it. Mmmmmmm.... gongy....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home