Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Wishful Thinking

We hit a little warm spot this week here in Brooklyn, but Punxsutawney Phil says six more weeks of winter is on the way. Don't matter to me.

This is the tune I always play for myself when the weather breaks; it makes it official. The Undertones were a great Irish pop-punk group in the Buzzcocks mold from the late 70's. Their singer, Feargal Sharkey, went on to make some really crapp-o solo albums, one of which I bought on tape cassette - thanks Rolling Stone!

The Undertones - Here Comes The Summer

I always remember this next track playing on WPRB (Princeton University's always amazing radio station) when I was home from college in the summer. Only Richman can pull off this kind of obvious sentimentality without sounding like a fake.

Jonathan Richman - That Summer Feeling

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home