Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Jump Up!!!

Seems like there might be some sort of mini-trend happening here: studied lo-fi room sound and reverb, child-like enthusiasm, rough group vocals, girl singers, fun! Probably just coincidental...

The Go! Team - The Power Is On
buy it!

No need to speak at length about these folks from the UK; they have received their fair share of hype and have enjoyed a nice blast of attention in the wake of their recent US tour. I think their album is good, clean fun, but I have to say, their show at the Canal Room in NYC was so harsh and trebly that I couldn't really deal.

Love Is All - Make Out Fall Out Make Up
pre-order it!

Pitchfork has proclaimed these Swedes the best band of 2006. I have generally stopped paying attention to these statements, especially after buying Johann Johannsson's Virðulegu forsetar on their word: to my ears, minimalist classical music that was both boring and clumsy. Anyhow, I have not heard the whole Love Is All album, but everything I have heard has been accomplished and varied. Promising.

Bodies of Water - I Guess I'll Forget The Sound, I Guess, I Guess

When I first heard Love Is All on Are You Familiar? , I immediately was reminded of Bodies Of Water, whoes EP we just received here. I thought, fantastic, my next post will link these two bands up - easy! Well, I read on, and saw that Are You Familiar? made the same comparison farther down the blog. Hard to stay ahead these days.

Bodies of Water are energetic, punk and from Los Angeles and their website features a quiz and some really fantastic show posters; they must have a designer in the band. Send them an email to buy their EP.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:49 AM, Blogger Greg said…

    Ha ha. Well, we have similar taste I suppose? :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home