Sunday, March 12, 2006

20 Reasons to love Fred Armisen

1. His SNL characters are fantantastastic, weird gutbusters (Nüni, Fericito, Prince).
2. He opened for Jeff Tweedy.
4. He used to drum for Chicago art-punk heavies Trenchmouth.
7. He's guested with Les Savy Fav live.
20. He knows how to rock it right, as evidenced by his December iTunes playlist:

Kraftwerk - Pocket Calculator
The Damned - Love Song
Prince - The Ballad of Dorothy Parker Buy it!
Oval - ====
Bow Wow Wow - Go Wild in the Country
Wilco - A Shot in the Arm
Petra Haden - Tattoo
Talking Heads - Crosseyed and Painless Buy it!
Lungfish - Put Your Hand In My Hand Buy it!
Gorillaz - Last Living Souls
Joanna Newsom - Bridges and Balloons Buy it!
The Clash - This Is Radio Clash
The Style Council - My Ever Changing Moods (12" Version)
Sleater-Kinney - Rollercoaster Buy it!

Apart from the fact that he's got both my favorite Lungfish and Style Council songs in there, that's just a damn good list.
Here's Fred guesting in a new short from the women of Variety Shac.

And here's my favorite Trenchmouth single:
Trenchmouth - Making Money for the Freak Machines Buy it!

I think I saw them open for Swervedriver maybe at Cabaret Metro in college. Can't say I remember Armisen, beyond noticing that the band as a whole was "tight" (my attention was rightly focused on charismatic frontman Damon Locks, who went on with Wayne Montana to form The Eternals). But still, Nüni clearly has pedigree.

I almost forgot-- he also appears to have directed this video for the Helio Sequence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home