Sunday, August 06, 2006

Crockpot Pulled Pork

I made this recipe last weekend and it made my whole building smell like pork. I served it on soft rolls with a Coleman's mustard, rice vinegar-based cole slaw. It was, as they say, the shit and I got much kudos at the Sunday cookout.

This recipe is mostly combined from a few I found online, with a few "twists" (AKA I forgot to buy some stuff at the store.)

PORK
4 pounds pork shoulder
1/2 cup cider vinegar
medium onion - quartered

RUB
2 1/4 tsp paprika
1 tsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp janes crazy mixed up salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp colemans dry mustard
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/8 tsp salt

BBQ SAUCE
1 cup of cider vinegar
2/3 cup of water
1/3 cup ketchup
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp hot dried red pepper (those long mexican style ones)
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp white pepper

trim fat from pork shoulder with a filet knife (this worked well for me)
cover with the rub, wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 8 hours.

place pork, onion and 1/2 cup of cider vinegar in a crockpot and cook on HIGH for 4-5 hours.

drain crockpot of all liquid and remove onions. pull pork apart completely using two forks. remove excess fat but leave the bones. add the BBQ sauce and cook on LOW for 3 hours. remove bones and cook for another hour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home