Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Blake Schwarzenbach teaches at Hunter


I read that somewhere and thought it was really very awesome.

But let's get to the point, shall we? Journey back with me. It's 1990. Jawbreaker are fresh out the box, coasting on the strength of their first LP, Unfun, and the sensi-tough ache of that song "Want," which always went next to Rites of Spring's "For Want Of" on my mixes. I was a wanter. Big time.

New Red Archives sees fit to release a comp on clear vinyl that presents the punk state of the union, featuring Samiam, Ultraman, Crucial Youth, Hogan's Heroes, Kraut, Bedlam Hour, and more. And Jawbreaker steals the show. (channeling my inner Kasem) Here's Blake Schwarzenbach, Adam Pfahler, and Chris Bauermeister -- Jawbreaker-- with "Rich."

Jawbreaker
Rich
Hardcore Breakout USA (vol. 1)
1990 New Red Archives, San Francisco (NRA18)

Here's AllMusic's take on the JB's.

6 Comments:

  • At 8:53 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Damn, this blog is back like a heart attack.

     
  • At 9:29 PM, Blogger Nerf Mark Malone said…

    Just had a bunch of vinyl I had to get out of my system. You knowi'msaying?

     
  • At 10:58 PM, Blogger Jon Solomon said…

    A Jawbreaker tribute band called Jawfaker just played The Khyber. I am sorry I missed'm.

     
  • At 11:09 PM, Blogger fastbacker said…

    damn I copied that New Red Archives comp from you on audio cassette. Loved that Samiam cut.

     
  • At 5:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hardcore breakout usa has a myspace

    it is at www.myspace.com/hardcorebreakoutusa
    pictures comp band links.

    take care

     
  • At 2:09 AM, Blogger 0863 said…

    こんにちは!

    私は東京に住む日本人です
    このすばらしい洋楽を日本で広めています
    http://gatinnkoseleblog.seesaa.net/

    また遊びにきますね☆

     

Post a Comment

<< Home