Saturday, December 17, 2005

TSOC

I thought I might try to come up with some nice little post about the "sound" of Chicago, but my juicer's running dry here. I was just looking for an excuse to put up a little Raygun, Pegboy, and Sludgeworth. If you don't know their music, here's your chance to start making up for lost time.


I owe my interest in Pegboy to Princeton radio star, ex-Chicagoan, and my former rommate Jon Solomon, primarily because he did an uncanny, bewitching Larry Damore impression.
Pegboy - Through My Fingers
Buy it!

And, I may owe my greatest show memory, that of Sludgeworth's "last show ever," at McGregor's in Elmhurst, to Jon as well. Were it not for his bronze-colored volvo sedan with 800,000 miles on it, I would not have made it out there to take in one for the ages. Thanks, Jon.
Sludgeworth - You And I
Buy it!


Finally, naturally, Naked Raygun.
Naked Raygun - I Remember
Buy it!

4 Comments:

  • At 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You're welcome?

     
  • At 4:14 PM, Blogger Nerf Mark Malone said…

    i am indeed.

     
  • At 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    do you happen to have the lyrics to you and I? There are a few I can never make out

     
  • At 1:36 PM, Blogger Nerf Mark Malone said…

    I do not have them, but below is my best shot.
    Do you have the lyrics for Someday? Because I need those. Are you gonna cover this song before I do?

    Just what happened for the end
    of this thing we had?
    Everything turned out so rather sad(?)

    There's no one there that will understand you
    Nobody will understand me
    Will he come in near the end of time (?)

    It's only you and I
    It's only you and I

    ay

    Why can't it ever be the way
    That things used to be
    It always seems to get the best of me

    There's something here that we all hold
    That you just can't deny
    cuz I can tell by the look in your eye

    it's only you and I
    it's only you and I

    yeah

    it's only you and i

    ay ay ay
    ay ay ay
    ay ay ay-ay ay-ay ay
    ay ay ay
    wo-o- ay
    wo-o-ay

    etc.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home