Wednesday, April 19, 2006

I Know It Looks Bad But Believe Me I'm Innocent

McLuskyThere is one track in particular whose name escapes me on Jon Spencer Blues Explosion's Extra Width during which a guitar solo is laid in too hot to tape, mixed up way too high, and the whole thing is so rock and roll it hurts. We think it might be the album opener "Afro," come to think of it. Anyway, this whole McLusky track is like that ridiculously boffo guitar solo. It rocks so hard it makes me want to take off my sneaker and smack myself in the head like Jeff Spicoli ("Do you hear that? That's my skull!"). We suspect you'll feel the same way. Batten down the hatches, this one is a barnburner.

McLusky -- Light Sabre Cock Sucking Blues -- McLuskism
[Buy McLuskyism from Insound]

2 Comments:

  • At 7:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    great song by a great group. too bad they're gone.

     
  • At 4:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wasn't that solo done on their theremin-like distortion pedal, where the proximity to a wire determines the level of distortion. i don't know. they had all kinds of homemade pedals.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home