Saturday, April 29, 2006

I'm so glad to be back.

I know, I know. You missed me. A couple of things I learned while I was gone:

1. On-board delay effects on your average coffee shop mixer are not things to which you should tether your professional future.

2. I don't look jewish by the standards of a sampling of Lubavitcher Hacidim.

3. Fastbacker prefers to go oldies-heavy at the karaoke.

4. Keith Sweat goes over surprisingly well at the karaoke.

Onward. I have long been gone. As a special gift, upon my return, I've decided to give you this track from the new Appleseed Cast record, Peregrine (as if it were mine to give). Appleseed have long been one of the few indie bands that the wife and I can agree upon. So let's consider this post a tribute to meeting in the middle. Without further ado, all three of the indie rock bands, present and past, that my wife listens to with some regularity:

The Appleseed Cast - February from Peregrine
Buy it!
The Appleseed Cast - Innocent Vigilant Ordinary from Two Conversations
Buy it!
The Appleseed Cast - A Place in Line from Low Level Owl Vol. II
Buy it!

Pedro the Lion - A Mind of Her Own from Winners Never Quit
Buy it!
Pedro the Lion - I am Always the One Who Calls from The Only Reason I Feel Secure
Buy it!

Knapsack - Hummingbirds from This Conversation is Ending Starting Right Now
Buy it!
Knapsack -Casanova from Silver Sweepstakes
Buy it!

1 Comments:

  • At 2:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for the songs - they were all very kickass. I'd never heard of Knapsack but I'm off to buy their record.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home