Thursday, December 22, 2005

My Top 2 Protest Songs of 2005

For Conor's boldness in playing this on the milquetoast, middle-of-the-road Tonight Show, he gets one slot.
Bright Eyes - When the President Talks to God

For amazing reactio time in getting some rhymes written and pasted over a Kanye track, The Legendary K.O. grab the other.
The Legendary K.O. - George Bush Doesn't Care About Black People

In a conscience-deficient musical era, I give the "props" to these two, who take the in-over-his-head gent from Texnecticut to task. For our more conservative readers, I'm open to suggestions. Maybe a little reggaeton from David Brooks' latest?

1 Comments:

  • At 12:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    In somewhat the same vein, I was fairly inspired last night by what I heard of J. Robbins' latest project, where in he plays sideman to a storied D.C. hardcore punker who wants nothing more than to stick it to The Man. You can listen along at

    http://www.myspace.com/reportsuspiciousactivity

    I recommend the track "Subtle."

     

Post a Comment

<< Home