Tuesday, December 20, 2005

The Rebirth of Cool

With some scientists predicting a mini-Ice Age in Europe in the not-so-distant future, I thought I'd indulge in a bit of chilly-weather posting for all. My prediction, which, instead of being based on science is based on slightly more than a feeling, is that every week will be a mini-four-seasons unto itself, and the names of the seasons will become delightful hybrids like "Winterspring" and "Summerfall."

But for now, let us submit to the chill that is keeping me from riding my bike to work to beat the transit strike.

Silkworm - In the Bleak Midwinter (cover of an old hymn)
Buy it!
Clearlake - Wonder If the Snow Will Settle
Buy it!
Aarktica - The Ice (Feels Three Feet Thick Between Us)
Buy it!
Ray Charles & Betty Carter - Baby, It's Cold Outside
Buy it!
Gil Scott-Heron - Winter in America
Buy it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home