Monday, December 26, 2005

Please Play Loud

So I'm back in Brooklyn after Christmas. Highlights from Philly included The Feast of the Seven Fishes (I manned the fryer this year!), news about my Mom's new purchase of a weekend getaway house in the woods, seeing all my great aunts, uncles and cousins who came from far away and getting to stay at my Dad's place with just myself and my fiance.

I do not have the cable television here at home so it was fun to swim around in all that media for a while. MTV has quite a few stations these days. This does not seem to have improved the quality of their programs. However, MTVJ (MTV Jams, I believe) played some pretty cool hiphop videos. This one by Busta Rhymes (he's back with a new album in 2006) has the minimal production (from Swizz Beats) and those scary-robot beats that I like, plus that chanting woman in the back is creepy and hot. Hey, speaking of creepy and hot, I just stumbled on "Gothic Lolita."

Busta Rhymes - Touch It (Explicit version)
(not released yet)

1 Comments:

  • At 3:51 PM, Blogger Boody said…

    it actually has been released.

    its first incarnation, however. was as a mashup 'tween busta and daft punk (thats the source of that vocoder voice)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home