Sunday, August 13, 2006

Mark Mallman vs Tom Petty

I recently received some information about Mark Mallman's new recording on Badman, Between the Devil and Middle C. He's described as similar to Elton John and David Bowie with a "theatrical Freddy Mercury-like Delivery". Now I enjoy the glam rock quite a bit more than the next guy and have been deep into the Queen lately ("Spread Your Wings" anyone?) so this got me interested.

However, it seems to me that (at least with the track "Death Wish") Mallman really uses Tom Petty's "You Got Lucky" as his blueprint; not so glam at all. You do the A/B.

Mark Mallman - Death Wish
buy it

Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers - You Got Lucky
buy it

1 Comments:

  • At 1:41 PM, Blogger Constant Change said…

    voice is slightly petty-ish, but other than the beginning of the song, I don't hear YOU GOT LUCKY. but to each his own. take care

     

Post a Comment

<< Home